Post a Pic of your Ride

Tuloose

Guru
Way back when, I published this pic to WikiPedia as an example of a MBB style recumbent. Hence the “in your face” chainring pose.

This was my first Cruzbike.
Silvio 1.0
View attachment 15608
Ooh, I got one of those.
I had it out today for a 23 miler.
It's a good climber and an all around fun bike.
Not so good for really big mileage cause of recumbutt.
I assume that's the one you had lofted over your head in your Cruzbike Riders photo?

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I assume that's the one you had lofted over your head in your Cruzbike Riders photo?
INDEED! That's the one and not far from where this photo was taken too. Right on the shores of LakeWashington - along my former commute route.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I don't see many action shots in here - lots of us solo riders taking pictures of our unladen swallows (European, African, and American).
At risk of taking this thread beyond it's purpose I'll post a couple of my favorite action shots.

My dad, after a couple months on his T50 - finally getting my V20 to go. "Feels like a race car!"
1692224199675.png

And some of my favorite shots, solo but still fully laden swallow, involve taking multiple blind shots at arms length in hopes that one turns out. My aim is to get good motion blur, and highlight that killer front drivetrain.
1692224375002.png

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Excellent shot Lief. I see that your blue jean clad dad smiles when demonstrating his rendition of the laden swallow, and still exceeded the camera frame rate. Judging by the elbow wrinkles on what I presume is a Gore-Tex jacket, his "race car" opinion is spot on.

I must say though, this is the first time I've ever seen two completely different "leaf blurs" in 1 shot. Kudos.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Did you find anything? The ones I see in the US are not aero or curvy looking. They are more squared.
Yes, I found on Aliexpress(Not exact same brand. They have quite a variety!) It's about 400g. I think they ship to the US. (I reside in Kenya though. )
Check: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004937009445.html

But I have not mounted it yet. It's not rigid enough to hold shape. I need to make a mounting base to hold it up horizontally. I will also probably add a piece of foam inside to give it shape.
1692260334195.png

Last edited:

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Nice find Ak-Tux. You should be able to put the bag handle over your head rest bars so it won't slide off. As for supporting it, you might be able to used old carbon fiber golf shafts that are hose clamped either to your frame, seat or head rest bars. If you are going to use old golf shafts then I'd recommend using the thinnest part near the head, not the grip side because where it is thinnest it is also reinforced.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Nice find Ak-Tux. You should be able to put the bag handle over your head rest bars so it won't slide off. As for supporting it, you might be able to used old carbon fiber golf shafts that are hose clamped either to your frame, seat or head rest bars.
Thank you very much. This warrants a whole different thread , I think!

Call it "Affordable Aero Tailbags" then share some of the detailed photos of your setup?

Bill Wightman

I made this front fairing around the beginning of this year and have been riding mostly solo and a few group rides. It really punches through strong headwinds and is generally ~10% faster on everything else (that is not uphill) than stock V20. I still have access to everything under the hood without removing the fairing. When it is "cold" down here in Houston it does a good job of keeping the lower body warm. On the flip side I just finished a flat, hot (end of ride at 102 degF) 104 mile ride and had all the cooling I needed. It is fun for riding fast(er) at low wattage. Fairing weighs about 14 lbs, single and double layer carbon twill cloth.

IMG_6882.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I made this front fairing around the beginning of this year and have been riding mostly solo and a few group rides. It really punches through strong headwinds and is generally ~10% faster on everything else (that is not uphill) than stock V20. I still have access to everything under the hood without removing the fairing. When it is "cold" down here in Houston it does a good job of keeping the lower body warm. On the flip side I just finished a flat, hot (end of ride at 102 degF) 104 mile ride and had all the cooling I needed. It is fun for riding fast(er) at low wattage. Fairing weighs about 14 lbs, single and double layer carbon twill cloth.
This is Awesome Bill - if you have an extra one send it to me for testing and the Cruzeum! :D

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever

View attachment 15615
Whoa! I want one!

Bill Wightman

if you have an extra one
I used a male plug mold fabrication method for a "fast" one-off fabrication. So there is no master female mold for left and right halves. I do have the full length machined polystyrene halves with faired surfaces covered with polypropylene tape and epoxy ready. All the cutouts on the top, bottom, and aft greatly reduced the potential efficiency but were needed for everyday practicality. I keep the foam halves in case I have a major crash and need to remake a section. I am thinking of designing and fabricating a fairing for a trike, but do not actually have a stock trike yet. Also need to clear out room in the garage.

On a side note: If you get a flat and are tired and want to sit in the grass when the temp is 101 F, then think twice about that. I managed to be sitting in a mowed grass area, on a farm road, in the shade of a tree, while fixing this V20s front flat, and got poison oak or sumac oil on me from residual mulch droppings in the grass. Totally no fun all up and down my legs until I found the right products to remove the offending oil.

Last edited:

Bill Wightman

ist there more to see and read somewhere?
There are more pics during fab in this thread...https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/what-do-i-do-with-to-much-time-on-my-hands.13539/. I am curious to see more bikes here to see how people address tailbox efficiency vs weight.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
There are more pics during fab in this thread...https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/what-do-i-do-with-to-much-time-on-my-hands.13539/. I am curious to see more bikes here to see how people address tailbox efficiency vs weight.
I'm taking a page from a previous poster and looking for a sportbike tail bag. I found these through Temu. Someone mentioned using carbon fiber poles, or a fiberglass fishing pole, cut for bracing the bottom.

Screenshot_20230817_201009_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230817_202933_Chrome.jpg

My V20c, purchased during Labor Day sale. My wife made me a sandwich bag with water resistant material that clears the rear wheel. I am using a strap of velcro to keep the front wheel from turning or moving much when leaning the bike as in photo. I wrap the velcro strap around frame in front of seat when riding.

Attachments

• V20cAtBushPark2023.jpg
    V20cAtBushPark2023.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 29