Q45 Upgrades

veloc_h

I do like the head rest and the bracket for the fender a lot. What's the weight of the headrest including brackets and alloy tubes?

bret

Hello,
You write you have a fast-wind All-Axle. Can you say what wheel size you have? 26" or 27.5"
In either case, how is the hill climbing?
I have a fast-wind All-Axle on a 20" folding bike with a 48V battery.
Thanks,
Bret

billyk

Guru
bracket for the fender a lot

It's pretty easy to make this part even without a 3-d printer. I made mine long ago from a strip of 1/8-inch aluminum bent in a vice, then three holes drilled. I use my printer a lot, but aluminum is stronger and not much heavier. For simple shapes and bends the old-fashioned way is often better.

I also turned the concave part of the strip in towards the fender, for better clearance with the shock, and also to bolt it directly to the fender, with a thin strip of aluminum backing up the polycarbonate cause I hate breaking fenders. Photos of this are somewhere on this forum.

bret

It's pretty easy to make this part even without a 3-d printer.

Thanks. That's useful.

Partly because it is, and partly because I put my request in the wrong thread. I'm interested in his canopy (too).

Cheers.

Gofer

Robert,
All components are from Grin Tech in Vancouver, BC.
This motor is the All Axle Hub motor (4kg/Fast winding). They sell adapters for any axle size. Really slick.
I'm using their Phaserunner programmable controller, CA3 display, three button programmable switch and a rheostat for cruise control.
Their products are not cheap but the quality really shows. There's also an incredible amount of parameter adjustment in their systems.
My favorite feature is the ability to inject the motor with just enough power to overcome the added weight and friction of the components to mimic riding without all the goodies. Not to mention the cruise control and regen braking.
I've got a couple of 14ah 52v batteries and I'm gathering materials to build a 20ah/52v.
Check 'em out. Great crew.

BTW I was able to machine a standard Hailong Battery mount using the water bottle holes under the seat with 2" aluminum, 1/8" wall architectural earchannel. Just enough room for nylon washers to protect the paint as well.
Do you live in or near Vancouver BC?

Gofer

Hello I am interested in your front wheel stopper .I rode the southern tier this winter 2660 miles and that was the only irritating thing on my Q-45 .Can I pay you to make one for me and send it to me ?Thanks Gofer