RojoRacing Video edits

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
If you ride in the dark and there are no street lights it can seem like floating in space. If you get a car behind you the road is illuminated from behind and the smallest bumps look huge.

That’s only true if your eyesight in in line with the beam which is why a cars lights 50’ behind you casts shadows. I’m on the trek and MTB my light is mounted below my bars so it casts very good shadows so I can always see holes or rocks in the road or trail. On the V20 I also mount it low but to separation between my line of sight and the beam isn’t as great so there are less shadows. Forget about using a helmet light, you see no shadows and no pot holes as a result.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
You can get a light that fits on the forks. A great way to see the holes and a great way to avoid seeing the overhanging branch, which, if you are really lucky, will give you a face full of thorns as well as knocking you off the bike.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Strava has it the segment at an avg of 17% but that includes the lead in and flat part at the top, it would seem to be around 40% on the climbing part only. It's by far the steepest thing I've ever seen and a small part of me wishes it was longer so I could see how fast I could go coming back down it.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Ok since yesterdays ride left me so wrecked I opted to not ride this morning I decided to find a solution to data overlays for my gopro videos. I was using Dashware but this requires me to edit things 3 times which means like 2 hours of edit time plus around 4 hour of render time total. I just downloaded the garmin virb edit software and damn this makes it so much easier. It's limitation is I can't add in my rear facing camera as a PIP view like I can with premiere pro but that's a whole other can of worms which will almost always require a second rendering. I went ahead and re-edited the above video with data so It'll be up in a few hours then I'll post it here.

As for the steep climb the data overlay gradually add in the grade % so it's still increasing to 33% even after I crested the top so it's go to be easily 40% or more.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ok since yesterdays ride left me so wrecked I opted to not ride this morning I decided to find a solution to data overlays for my gopro videos. I was using Dashware but this requires me to edit things 3 times which means like 2 hours of edit time plus around 4 hour of render time total. I just downloaded the garmin virb edit software and damn this makes it so much easier. It's limitation is I can't add in my rear facing camera as a PIP view like I can with premiere pro but that's a whole other can of worms which will almost always require a second rendering. I went ahead and re-edited the above video with data so It'll be up in a few hours then I'll post it here.

As for the steep climb the data overlay gradually add in the grade % so it's still increasing to 33% even after I crested the top so it's go to be easily 40% or more.
That's STEEP!!
Have you been able to do it on the Vendetta??

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
don't have it down here so no idea but I'll be sure to give it a go when I do. I'm curious how well the traction surface well help the V with tire slip.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Nice inside braking job.

Aero handlebar bags won’t take off. Lol.

Late braking up the inside is motorcycle racing 101, I love how you can hear the disc brakes under super hard braking but they aren't annoyingly loud. I'd like to setup I accelerometer to measure braking force on some corners but I doubt the cheap built in one in our phones or camera are cut out for accurate measurements.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Sorry still no edits of V20 rides but hard efforts shouldn't be shunned because they were ridden on a torture devise. This one took nearly 20 hours to upload to Youtube due to shit internet here

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Ok one more from today ride. I dropped the frame rate from 60 to 30 and quality from max to high to speed up the upload time from 24 hours to 8 hours, I hope it doesn't kill the quality on your guys end. You should enjoy this one a bit more because I added some sarcastic commentary via text.

Video is still processing so give it some time till it gives you the option to open it in 1080p

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Good filming Jason. Sorry about the rear tire. Strong group. 183bpm at the top of a 5%... almost blowing up time. 30 frame rate seems fine for my mobile

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Good filming Jason. Sorry about the rear tire. Strong group. 183bpm at the top of a 5%... almost blowing up time. 30 frame rate seems fine for my mobile

The day before I hit 189 on my 90 mile ride which is probably why I could only manage 183 the next day.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Shame about the air coming out. I put Tannus on my Grasshopper and the handling went a bit weird. Not good for doing 40mph.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I'm not bothering with data overlays on these next two from yesterdays double century because I got up at 4am and didn't get home till 2am this morning so I'm still exhausted. This is one of the rougher descents I come across in an event and I think I get airborne twice and as you can imagine the brakes don't work so well without the tires touching the ground.