THE NEW Q IS COMING

CruzLike

Guru
Neal, Lucia has no idea what you are talking about. She's probably on the Google right now.

Could Q45 stand for Caliber?

@Lucia, I like the bright yellow from the new email! It is pretty much the same color of a BMX bike I had as a young kid.

Good luck to the Q45 and the lucky person taking it to Japan! Looking forward to hearing more details.

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
@Pollock rad! I'm glad you like it - wait 'til you see the rear swing arm.

Good luck to the Q45 and the lucky person taking it to Japan! Looking forward to hearing more details.

I got married in September and instead of going on a traditional honeymoon, my husband Michael and I decided to spring for this epic adventure when we realized we could dovetail it with the Q45 launch. He and I are both into the creative side of marketing so we're pumped to try our hand(s) at photography and such for the new Q.

Note: We're both novices when it comes to touring so if we can do it, anyone can and we'll share all the details!

rfneep

I suppose we're entering the "guess what this design entails?" phase of the rollout. All I note is that the photos in the e-mail do not show a Diatech headset and front boom on the top of the headset like the QX100 or Q559. Although some stem spacers appear to be there. Seems to imply a modified front boom design, or just purposefully left out of the photos? We'll see more soon, I hope!

Ray

(PS to Lucia - congrats on the wedding!)

I'm confused. How did the topic of Japan interject its way into the subject?

An email about the Q45 was sent out this week. In that email, they talk about taking the bike on an upcoming trip to Japan for testing. From Lucia’s comment above, we know who was lucky to be selected for that test.

NeaL

Guru
An email about the Q45 was sent out this week. In that email, they talk about taking the bike on an upcoming trip to Japan for testing. From Lucia’s comment above, we know who was lucky to be selected for that test.

Alright, got it. Strange, it had gone straight to the Junk folder. Yet a week or two prior, I got the other Q45 e-mail, with the picture of the canyon, in my regular Inbox.

There's a normally unused percentage of my brain capacity suddenly waking up over that shade of orange.

Last edited:

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Now, I am more hopeful than ever of a revised front end arrangement. With a helicopter thingy attachment.

Now, I am more hopeful than ever of a revised front end arrangement. With a helicopter thingy attachment.

A new email just hit my inbox and shows the entire Q45 from side profile. The front end has been updated.

dtseng linked the picture :)