Tiltmaniac's S30v2 build.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
It is enough for wheels+frame, but not seat or helmet.

TBH, I wear my helmet on the plane to be sure it doesn't get squished.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Perfect. Thanks. Just what I need. Now I just have to wait for the S40 frameset to arrive and get it built!

Kenneth Jessett

This is an extraordinarily cool bike:

img_20180221_181448-01-jpeg.6340

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
How did you change the mounting?
I put the seat where I thought I'd want it, then I drilled three holes to match the new position, then applied new thermoplastic (I kept the old thermoplastic so I could put the seat in the old position.
At that point, I put the screws in and called it a day.

(Technically I need to shorten the new screws I put in-- the seat is a bit higher in the front, and so I needed some slightly longer screws. Turns out I only had *really* a *lot* longer screws, which I'll have to cut down one of these days soon).

Drilling the CF seat:
Since CF dust is nasty stuff , I did it using a hand drill (to minimize dust) and some wet wipes (to capture and wipe up the dust before it went into the air).

I forgot that I also mounted a Fly12CE to the front, and moved the LightInMotion Seca 1700 to a lower mount (you can just barely see it past the Q-ring calibration lines) on the far right of the photo.
The Seca 1700 mount is attached through the hole through which a cable can run with an extender. I can take a photo of that if anyone cares to see it.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Wow! beautiful bike!
Looks like the seat is now at 28 degs or so. Not very far from a V20.

Those Cruzbike folks sure know how to make some pretty bikes, that is for sure! :)

It does definitely look a bit more V20-ish, though I find the shorter wheelbase useful at least in terms of maneuvering the bike into the office.
I'm kinda wondering if I'll need a headrest. Time will tell.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Oh, I also forgot that I'm trying out the Quarq TyreWiz cycling pressure sensor.
It isn't just because I love gadgets-- it is because I'm lazy and will often not check tire pressure and don't particularly like to be surprised by rim-and-road (or rim-and-railroad) contact accidentally.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
On my commute today I was easily a good 4mph faster (where I'd normally hit 29mph, I now hit 33mph). It feels slightly easier to make power, and I'm sure it is slightly more aero as well.

So far the results are positive :)

Time (and the data) will tell if this is psychology or if it something real.

(And yes I know that X mph faster is not an accurate way of talking about this in the face of physical effects :) )

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
oh you have to give us a review of the tyrewiz. i was thinking of buying a cheap motorbike one......

Medium-term review of the TyreWiz doohickies.

They work!
Not only do they work, they work well enough that I can tell which segments of the road have been in the sun and which are in shade by looking at the graph of tire *pressure*.
Pretty cool, if you ask me!

Greg

Carbon Master Craftsman
Thank you for information tiltmaniac.
I found Polycaprolactone here in poland market.
Good to known, that im not living on the end of the world... ;)))
I need to try it to workshop moulding work.

Norton

Thanks for a very informative thread tiltmaniac!
A lot of info explained well.
Thinking of getting as S40 and a Thor GS easy seat. The info on the mounting is invaluable, just what I was searching for.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Thanks for a very informative thread tiltmaniac!
A lot of info explained well.
Thinking of getting as S40 and a Thor GS easy seat. The info on the mounting is invaluable, just what I was searching for.
Glad to help!
I continue to highly recommend the anti-flop band. Cheap, effective, and thusfar long lasting.