What do I do with to much time on my hands ???

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
What a coincidence. I received my 1030+ today, and since they no longer support landscape view, I whittled some wood. This is my first draft, need to raise it some and round it off some more.
That is a bummer. I have a 1000 and love it in landscape - pretty much out of the wind that way! Hope it doesn't die! haha

I had to make a mount to place the Lezyne above the bars or it wouldn’t communicate with the Stages PM crank. That’s why it’s up there in the wind. A side benefit is that it puts the display in the mid range of my progressives

Last edited:

DocS

Guru
I use the Lezyne Mega C (Color). I like it, but in retrospect, I think I should have gone with the Mega XL, so I could use it in landscape mode...

Awesome enginuity!

Blessings,
DocS

For my V20c with curved slider, I made my first test print. It's an aerodynamic holder for my Garmin. I have been riding with the Garmin in this position, so I know I'm happy with it. I'll make some adjustments to make it more aero/sleek before I'm satisfied with the print. It'll be held in place with double stick tape, but I may add a slot for a zip tie for extra security. I'll post here when I do.
IMG_7178.jpg
IMG_7180.jpg

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Looks great Mathew. Adhesive backed velcro works great too. Maybe too well. If you try velcro might I suggest putting the fuzzy side on the holder and hooked side on the Garmin because when you wipe the bike down after a wash the hooked side catches and shreds a towel, leaving strings stuck inside. I ride with my Bolt in the same location and love it there too.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Looks great on the 3D viewer and I'm sure it will be more aero than what you currently have on. My Wahoo Bolt mounted in the center on the road bike bars used to be in the way when I sat up like many who have their computer in the middle, but now that I have the Deda Tribar the edges of the bar prevent my gut from touching it as much as before.

tempImageC2RA2Z.png

Since my Bolt's battery life is getting worse I am thinking of replacing it. A Lezyne Mega XL is on sale for ¥23,000 at my LBS, which is about $175. I don't really need the map function for every day rides, but a claimed 48 hour run time is hard to look past.

For the latest episode of “Too much time on my hands” - a holder for my Garmin Varia and Cycliq camera. 3d printed, wrapped with vinyl, and mounted to the M5 tailbox I got from @LarryOz. I’m quite pleased with the results.

Attachments

• 82FBA958-064B-4296-8C85-3E0278B40450.jpeg
    82FBA958-064B-4296-8C85-3E0278B40450.jpeg
    813 KB · Views: 67
  • DE751BA3-3EBC-4F85-A9E4-DD47DA4DFDB7.jpeg
    DE751BA3-3EBC-4F85-A9E4-DD47DA4DFDB7.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 65
  • 3EEBD3C4-4518-4130-AD12-4222C760F947.jpeg
    3EEBD3C4-4518-4130-AD12-4222C760F947.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65

cruzKurt

For the latest episode of “Too much time on my hands” - a holder for my Garmin Varia and Cycliq camera. 3d printed, wrapped with vinyl, and mounted to the M5 tailbox I got from @LarryOz. I’m quite pleased with the results.
Very Cool, always wanted to try 3d printing. What kind of printer do you have?

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
That looks great! A wide strip of Velcro would work too. I stuck a heavy Mohoc camera on my helmet with it and it took some grunting to get it off. I'd recommend putting the fuzzy side on the bars though so the hooks won't get stuck on your rag when you wipe it down after a wash.

Bill Wightman

That really does look great. Is it done in PETG? I am considering (eventually) printing something for MBB derailleur that incrementally helps aero but that moves with the mechanism. It is a real monster to think about how to do that.