2019 S40 coming soon!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
CruzbikeSilvioRearSusp 2  1.jpg
I wonder if it will have a removable rear end, using the slide in bulb connection method, of the Silvio S2.0 titanium + CB suspension, to the main frame?
This would allow it to fit in a 26"*26"*10" case for US plane transport!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
.. Or a slightly adjustable seat angle 30 to 40 degree range ;) . But wait, that would require a ribbed carbon seat! Thor style?

.. Let the speculations and wish lists start ...

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I agree!
The Thor seat should be standard!
AND the frame angle reduced to 33 degrees, with a longer wheelbase, so still 50%/50% F/R wheel loads.
I think this would mean that the seat shoulder area is still 45 degrees
Removable longer rear fork, so the bike - seat can fit in a 26"*26"*10" box!

kilp

sram nx eagle 1X groupset is being released in September; could this be the reason for September release date? It features 11-50 cassette ,cage lock on derailleur and given the switch to 1x on the t50 and q45 perhaps that is one of the reasons to switch the S40

Looking at the photo, it looks like the fork & chain stay are held in place by the front axle as before but the front derailleur appears attached to its own hanger.Version 5.jpg

3WHELZ

Guru
I cannot detect any immediate major design changes other than the front derailleur mount may be angled differently and of course the black flat/satin paint and new neon green frame color. I guess we will all learn more on the 18th.

Qp8wUaVMORruukW_a1UIj5yb87TxMTp-k_X9FWRwPEjqCei-STAw5dLYw2IOAfwskqD5yyPaw5HJlwKDNsPZnS2EboIsRANkl0-KmBo2xNAEKaeH7EKaJBrhuHn7cig1PXlI34mlfR6aSoB3afzg1sYL9V497OLbSllXZhQ=s0-d-e1-ft

I like the new color. I wonder what color is on the inside of the rear triangle; did they just switch green / grey locations?

Looks like @kilp may have been right with the 1X drive train. From the picture, it looks like there is a rather large cog (notice the teeth just behind the chain) so it will likely function for a lot of terrain. Nice to see we could move to a 2X drive train later if needed.

Any chance the price goes *down* with a 1X drive train? ;)

Lucia mentions in the email we will find out more info next Wed; well ahead of the launch date. If it goes like the Q45 launch, we will get about a month of weekly emails where each week focuses on one aspect. I wonder if there will be a custom preorder color; just not red ;)

rfneep

Looks to me like mainly new color schemes and available assembled with a 1x11 groupset. The large upper cog is typical of the 1x SRAM derailleurs. The derailleur looks like a 1x SRAM with the same hanger as before. From the graphics, it looks like the derailleur is SRAM Apex 1 series, as does the brifter; so a 1x11 set. Only minor changes would not be too surprising since the S40 has been selling so well. More color choices will be welcome. Will be interesting to see what other details will come with this rollout.

Ray

Last edited: