2019 S40 coming soon!

well, if they don't go frameset as well as complete build, that cuts out a whole UK (and I think EU as well) market with 4.7% import duty on frames and something like 15% on complete bikes, PLUS sales tax on top - 20% here in the UK.

Makes the new Q prohibitive for example with no framset offer

super slim

Zen MBB Master
well, if they don't go frameset as well as complete build, that cuts out a whole UK (and I think EU as well) market with 4.7% import duty on frames and something like 15% on complete bikes, PLUS sales tax on top - 20% here in the UK.

In The land Down Under it is 5% import duty, for frame or complete bike, and 10% sale tax, so we are MUCH better off than our OLD Motherland!

What are the duty and Sales tax on a 2nd hand Cruzbike bought in US and shipped to UK?

If you flew to US, bought a NEW OR 2nd hand Cruzbike, did a 2 week tour, and flew back with it, what would the sales and Import duties be?

Last edited:

dtseng

In Canada, importing a V20 frame set would cost nearly five thousand CDN dollars: add 250 shipping, custom brokerage fee, custom duty and/or tariff if any?, plus 13% sales tax.
This is the reason why CB is so rare just north of the border.

Last edited:

Kenneth Jessett

It's been mentioned by a UK contact that the duties + sales tax makes any imported CB too expensive, but as far as Canada is concerned, what stops a Canadian buying an S40 having it delivered to a US friend, that friend then drives the bike over the border and hands it to you? Any duty and tax then?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I know I'm kinda color blind but....what orange paint??
e6f5ef4a-2471-454e-a812-87a636e81b23.jpg

3WHELZ

Guru
You are correct. Somehow I did not notice that particular pic in the most recent email. I thought Mark may have access to some inside knowledge. After all, it was his reviews dating back 10 years that convinced me to purchase my first Cruzbike in 2008, a Silvio 1.0.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
You are correct. Somehow I did not notice that particular pic in the most recent email. I thought Mark may have access to some inside knowledge. After all, it was his reviews dating back 10 years that convinced me to purchase my first Cruzbike in 2008, a Silvio 1.0.
And I'm still getting it done on my Silvio 1.0. I still get all kinds of comments about what a cool design it is and they are shocked when I tell them it's actually "old-school"! It stands the test of time.

But that Orange..... I could be swayed to upgrade!

The Brook

It's been mentioned by a UK contact that the duties + sales tax makes any imported CB too expensive, but as far as Canada is concerned, what stops a Canadian buying an S40 having it delivered to a US friend, that friend then drives the bike over the border and hands it to you? Any duty and tax then?

Well, the 31.5% exchange rate between the Canadian and US dollar is kind of steep, but it might still be doable if you have an american friend you could ship it to.

dtseng

The new S40 frame set is priced at $ 2,350. This is good to know that frame alone is available. All one needs are the drive train and the wheels.

Last edited:

McWheels

Off the long run
I was lucky enough to get my brother in law to bring the V2k frame set with him on a business trip to Europe. What's in the box? A bike. Easy.

Sounds like a chance to fly with a bike bag, have riding holiday and avoid the taxes? Or is that dishonest?