Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge 2021

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Excellent effort guys, and thanks for that suggestion Larry. I tried the refresh and it didn't stick the Top 10 badge on the segments, but my name still appears on the leaderboard with those efforts, which is fine. They will get topped soon anyway so it's not really a big deal.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Yesterday’s ride was the furthest I’ve gone in one day. Columbus Outdoor Pursuit’s “Top of Ohio.” It was almost cut short by my drivetrain. The chain started jumping off the cassette cogs, first just the small ones when under high power, then on all of them. Inspection of the chain didn’t reveal anything, but just to try something I turned the Wippermann Connex link around. Problem solved. Who’d have thought?
Anyway, here’s some pics from my day:

Bellefontaine has the distinction of having the first concrete street, some remnants remaining. Also nearby is the high-point at 1550 feet. Can I blame the altitude for my struggle up the climbs?
C1273D94-E8B0-477E-912C-7AB567BF3DCF.jpeg

Isaac Zane is memorialized with a stone & plaque. Read more here.
D87CCECD-85ED-43EA-93CF-A63897DCCD80.jpeg

C4B181A6-FA6D-4DD0-BE00-DB302962A770.jpeg
40E578F7-E24B-43D8-9792-C6B57589EA54.jpeg
50871D3A-A045-42B3-844C-5C6CB10D7592.jpeg

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Nice pics Matthew and nice going on the ride being your furthest so far. Keep adding a little bit of distance here and there and hope the chain is holding up well.

LarryOz

Week 2 results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PEwKTLHm2Yn9ZeHJWFvJQ1WbQ9uAttY_xOO-e5EWucA/edit?usp=sharing
Great job everyone! - 36 people road over 100 miles for week #2.
I also added a few things to this spreadsheet - If your weekly avg is shaded green that means you are above the weekly average you need to hit 3000 miles in the 26 weeks. Longest rides are also shaded for anything exceeding 100, 200, 300, 400. Added "% of Goal" column. It is shaded after you pass 33.3%, 66.7%, and 100%
Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge Week #2.PNG

LarryOz

Hello everyone,
A great week
37 of you rode over 100 miles
12 more rode over 50 miles

Here is the link to the week #3 Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge Results
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PEwKTLHm2Yn9ZeHJWFvJQ1WbQ9uAttY_xOO-e5EWucA/edit?usp=sharing
Sorry for the lateness in getting this out. I have been riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and the internet has been mostly unavailable. Finished up day 5 of 7 today
I am also unable to take a screenshot this week since all I have is a laptop and the number of rows far exceeds what I can show to take a screenshot of.

Should be back to normal next week

Kind Regards
Larry Oslund

Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge Week #3.PNG

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-26_21-13-7.png
    upload_2021-5-26_21-13-7.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
It cut out some of the names at the top Larry, and the link for me goes to a spreadsheet that includes only some names, a few of which have email addresses.I can't see anyone above Benphyr Knou :)

LarryOz

It cut out some of the names at the top Larry, and the link for me goes to a spreadsheet that includes only some names, a few of which have email addresses.I can't see anyone above Benphyr Knou
I am not sure what the issue was - maybe you where on the wrong tab (if there were email addresses, you were probably on the names tab: I have copied just the week #4 data to a separate spreadsheet - see if this works better: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a5WR-hpiPyXpWP0b44_2nifV7owPoT0cVtzDp4EgRQI/edit?usp=sharing

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
That does work better, thank you. Also, the link on your post #27 now sends me to the correct page. Not sure what it was but I wouldn't be surprised if I did something wrong :D. Either way, thank you again.

LarryOz

Been sickish all week .. now I'm behind
I can relate to how you feel! :( - I have just felt sluggish and crampy all week since I got back from the Blue Ridge Ride. I think it is the medication they have me on for my heart stent, particularly the statins. I force myself to get on the bike and at least pedal - it is hard at first, but usually when I get distracted by work and emails it goes away after an hour or so. :rolleyes: