Cruzbike Ride Retreat 2019- in Kentucky!

Maria Parker

Administrator
Mark your calendars for Friday October 4 through Monday October 7th for our 2019 Ride Retreat. We've moved the location to make it more accessible to a new group of Cruzbike Tribe members. This year's lcoation is in Kentucky at the All Saints Center in Leitchfield, KY.

The camp is in a beautiful quiet setting halfway between Louisville KY and Nashville, TN. We're looking forward to seeing you there. Each year it has been a really wonderful time to ride, tinker, relax, eat and laugh together. We welcome new and prospective owners too.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
I am close by in Louisville if anyone needs help w local logistics. Plan to be there for my first.

I'm planning on coming to the first three days, I must return to work on Monday. I may do the first three days of Cycle NC's Mountains-to-Coast ride earlier that week.

NeaL

Guru
I know of someone with a black & red T50 who has twice asked me if we’re going again this year. We’ll see.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Is there a schedule published anywhere? I have a work event all day Friday in Louisville but could get down to the retreat sometime Friday evening.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Is there a schedule published anywhere? I have a work event all day Friday in Louisville but could get down to the retreat sometime Friday evening.
I have not seen a schedule posted, but usually late afternoon/evening is for checking in - Dinner will most likely be provided - and is a great meet and great everyone time.
But you will most likely not miss much if you get there anytime Friday evening.

LarryOz

Still hoping for a west coast option before I'm too old to ride since I'm too poor to travel across the country. :(
The very first one (3 years ago) was in Washington (near Seattle) It think - maybe they are working there way West.. One could only hope!

Hmikes

I have a couple of questions about the ride retreat. First how long are the rides and how much climbing? Are the rides posted on Ride with GPS? Second, will secured inside storage be available for the bikes at night? Third, are the meals fixed, I avoid beef and spicy foods?

Thanks,
Mike Staton
Versailles, KY

I too have a question about the length of rides and amount of climbing. Andrea has only ridden her bike once this year in the neighborhood and is worried about it. She will be undergoing surgery in mid September and while she is cleared to ride 24 hours post op barring any complications she was worried about being too slow or not able to climb since she has not ridden much. I should be back riding by then so I am not that worried about myself. Also I know we don't want to wait too long to get registered but was curious if mid September would be too late. I know from a planning standpoint the earlier the better. Thanks in advance.

LarryOz

I have a couple of questions about the ride retreat. First how long are the rides and how much climbing? Are the rides posted on Ride with GPS? Second, will secured inside storage be available for the bikes at night? Third, are the meals fixed, I avoid beef and spicy foods?
I am sure Lucia and/or Maria will chime in with more specifics, but I have been to all 3 years previous retreat and this is what I know:
Meals - Maria has always arranged someone rather spectacular for the meals and there have been some pretty great ones. Very healthy - variety and flexible. I think when you register you can tell them what kind of dietary restrictions you have and they will probably be able to accommodate you.
Rides - Each year there has been at least 3 or 4 different "levels" of rides. from very short (less than 10 miles) and close by to long (maybe a Century length) if people are there and want to do it. No one is left alone - The rides are not races, but time to spend on the bikes and with each other. Lots of time for rest, sight-seeing and fellowship. The last 2 years I don't think anyone did anything longer than 60 miles in a day, and that was just one day. So many other things going on to, lots of workshops, hanging out, eating, hanging out, test rides, eating, you get the point.....
I had mentioned that this year I might put together a 12-Mile Time Trial race for anyone that has been competing in the Cruzbike Summer TT challenge. Anyone can participate if they like. A TT is still you against the clock.
Larry