Cruzbike Ride Retreat 2019- in Kentucky!

Once I got a chance to check my email this morning I saw that I had a email from Strava with my monthly stats. I scrolled down to see my total elevation gain for September was 3,566 feet and that was up from 338 feet in August. I added all the recorded rides from this Saturday and Sunday and came up with just over 5,000! No wonder my legs hurt so much. I had a great time getting to know all of you over the weekend and hope to make it to future retreats. I forgot my cameras this morning so uploading will be delayed. I still have yet to see what was captured from the 360.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Once I got a chance to check my email this morning I saw that I had a email from Strava with my monthly stats. I scrolled down to see my total elevation gain for September was 3,566 feet and that was up from 338 feet in August. I added all the recorded rides from this Saturday and Sunday and came up with just over 5,000! No wonder my legs hurt so much. I had a great time getting to know all of you over the weekend and hope to make it to future retreats. I forgot my cameras this morning so uploading will be delayed. I still have yet to see what was captured from the 360.

Great weekend of riding etc. and thank for the tip on the Zefal mirrors. Just ordered two.

Hope you like them Paco.

Here is a link to some of the action this weekend for those of you who were not there. This was the Time Trial that Larry set up for us. We road a shortened course to figure out starting times. I crushed it to hard on that ride so I finished dead last in the TT.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Pictures and videos are steadily getting uploaded to the google photo album, which I am sure will get shared here once it is all put together. In short - once again an EPIC time and as always I love meeting new people and seeing familiar faces again. It is always an honor to be around everyone just having a good time.

The venue and area was indeed hilly - but then again nothing beats going on a hilly ride (long or short) and sharing in the smiles and high fives when everyone completes the route no matter the pace. Good times!

Saturday morning had two ride groups. One for the 50 mile route, and another for the 17 miler. I chose the latter, partly because I wasn't up to >4000 feet climbing, partly because I wanted to ride to the wine tasting in the afternoon. Here's a 15 minute video to share. (Almost deer collision at 12:41)

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@Maria Parker,
Is there a date and location set for next year? I missed out this year but am putting in my vacation request for next year and am picking 1st weekend in October in hopes that I can get to the Cruzbike perfect vision retreat. If your vision is blurred from the Cruzbike 2019 retreat then come join me for the Cruzbike perfect vision retreat this year. It may or may not include brown water but that won't stop it from having perfect eyesight.

NeaL

Guru
The Ride Retreat jerseys and Time Trial shirt arrived earlier this week.

They call it “stolen valor” when someone fakes serving in the military, claiming to have rank & medals not earned.

What’s it called when someone wears a Cruzbike Ride Retreat jersey that they didn’t attend?

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@NeaL - you participated plenty on the forum and in the lead up and the time trials that became part of the Retreat. If you paid for the Ride Retreat and then were not able to attend then I say you are a supporting member, financial support, moral support - there in soul, spirit(s), $, only missing the physical body.

NeaL

Guru
Advertising.

Representing.

I paid for myself and my three kids.
However, different state. I guess they had to go with a different insurance for the event. No kids could be covered this time. I could have still gone but, the years and opportunities are slipping by. I opted for doing something which I could do with them, instead. But I still wanted the jerseys so they deducted the cost for them from the refunds.

How many jerseys are enough? This will be my 2nd. I want the Z-sleeve Cruzbike jersey from the website.