Cruzbike Ride Retreat 2019- in Kentucky!

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Really thinking hard about coming, since the retreat is within driving distance. I've been concerned also about being unable to keep up; I average 15 mph or less when riding by myself.

My husband is interested in coming with me. He used to ride uprights in his 20s and 30s, and occasionally rode a few miles on a tadpole trike when we had those several years ago. But he's never gotten up the nerve to even sit on one of my Cruzbikes, much less try to ride it. I was wondering if there would be things for him to do since he doesn't ride...
So many other things going on to, lots of workshops, hanging out, eating, hanging out, test rides, eating, you get the point.....
...but I think Larry answered that question.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@Maria Parker, @Lucia
Can you please provide more details on starting time Friday and ending time Monday of the retreat. (And any other scheduling details that are available.) For any travelling a distance and/or taking off work it would be mucho beneficial.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Really thinking hard about coming, since the retreat is within driving distance. I've been concerned also about being unable to keep up; I average 15 mph or less when riding by myself.

My husband is interested in coming with me. He used to ride uprights in his 20s and 30s, and occasionally rode a few miles on a tadpole trike when we had those several years ago. But he's never gotten up the nerve to even sit on one of my Cruzbikes, much less try to ride it. I was wondering if there would be things for him to do since he doesn't ride...

...but I think Larry answered that question.

No worries about keeping up. The rides are for everyone - and if the fast riders want to go fast they usually do so on their own. There will be plenty of us who just like a nice vacation style pace. :)

Last edited:

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
@Maria Parker, @Lucia
Can you please provide more details on starting time Friday and ending time Monday of the retreat. (And any other scheduling details that are available.) For any travelling a distance and/or taking off work it would be mucho beneficial.

We have just framed up the itinerary for the 2019 Ride Retreat at its new location! You can check it out here.

I was wondering if there would be things for him to do since he doesn't ride...

Yes! It sounds like there will be lots to do. There are canoes and kayaks and a swimmable lake with a dock. Plus, it's 160 acres so there should be plenty to explore on foot as well. I'm really looking forward to it!

All ready to punch our ticket to the retreat. Only thing holding us up is we are not sure witch size to indicate on the jersey. Is there a sizing chart for them anywhere we can reference so we don't order the wrong size. I have always gotten mediums and Andrea has always gotten smalls but we each have some that are tight and some that are loose. I ordered a medium once online and could have probably fit into an extra small. If you could provide the manufacturer and the fit, as in race fit or club fit, I can probably make the decision and get registered tonight. If this information is not available is there a way to trade for another size if the jersey we order does not fit. Sorry to make this difficult but we want to get this done and out of the way as we have already put in for the vacation time.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Only thing holding us up is we are not sure witch size to indicate on the jersey. Is there a sizing chart for them anywhere we can reference so we don't order the wrong size. I have always gotten mediums and Andrea has always gotten smalls but we each have some that are tight and some that are loose. I ordered a medium once online and could have probably fit into an extra small. If you could provide the manufacturer and the fit, as in race fit or club fit, I can probably make the decision and get registered tonight.
The jerseys they're selling on the web site are all listed as "Fit: This is a club fit jersey, though it runs a bit on the small size so size up if you prefer a relaxed fit."

NeaL

Guru
We have just framed up the itinerary for the 2019 Ride Retreat at its new location! You can check it out here.

Minor detail: At the top of the itinerary it says the Retreat is going until the 11th of October. I’m guessing that most people can figure out that that’s a mistake but I thought I’d point it out in case there’s a prize.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Anyone coming from the north and interested in carpooling? (I'm hoping I can ride with someone at least part of the way - I don't have means to offer rides.) I would be coming from Hamilton, Ontario. Hwy 401 and Interstate I75 mostly. If so send me a private message.