Cruzbike Ride Retreat 2019- in Kentucky!

NeaL

Guru
A LBS in Warrenton, VA had a little 35th anniversary celebration last Saturday. They had “no drop” group road rides, mtb rides, and a family ride down along a little trail.
My three kids and I showed up with our Cruzbikes wearing our 2019 Ride Retreat jerseys.
We had to ride through part of the old downtown before getting to the trail. The route went by what looked like a farmers market or community yard sale going on. I was bringing up the rear to make sure none of my kids fell behind.
I also have a small spread of flags fanning out on the back of my bike for maximum WTF factor to get the attention of drivers.
I didn’t get any pictures or video but some other people did. I saw a few people aiming their cell phones at us as we rode by.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
did i happen to mention that at the 2020 Michigan cruzbike event riders will be riding in areas that deer and turkey are common share the road participants? (shameless plug attempting to mention the Michigan event at even the slightest correlation)

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I posted to UpRide the near-collision video of when a deer ran out in front of a treasured Cruzbiker. So far it's the only animal encounter incident in Kentucky on the map.
I missed it entirely the first time, maybe I blinked, but after watching with the aid of the landscape in the slow mo portion at the end I found them. That’s right, two deer - one at 19 seconds in crossing in front of the rider immediately following the camera and a second crossing at 23 seconds between the immediate follower and the next rider!

benphyr

Guru-me-not
That looks like my workplace: industrial build information with a family of Wild Turkeys running around frequently.

And I am not even being facetious this post. Aren’t you impressed! Their really are a family off them in the woods adjacent to my work.