How to make your Vendetta as fast as possible

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
I can deal with it but just hoping thru axles might somehow eliminate this. I use zip tie with limited success.

I have to say this is much easier with Shimano DI2. I just disconnect the wire to the derailer before I start. Then you can do whatever you want with it without the cable getting in the way. Much easier putting the wheel back in as you don't have to get the cable in the right spot.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I just turn the bike upside down to take the wheel off.
Yes... rear wheel. LOL

A few years back I tried that and the forks parted and my chainring fell to the ground. The only way around it to push a shoe box underneath the boom and hope it doesn't move

M.J

Yes... rear wheel. LOL

A few years back I tried that and the forks parted and my chainring fell to the ground. The only way around it to push a shoe box underneath the boom and hope it doesn't move
It works ok for me. Maybe because I have the stock brifters on.

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
Yes... rear wheel. LOL

OhOh, my bike bag isn't big enough to carry a shoebox with me
ID

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
You people do not know how easy you have it. It used to take me about an hour to replace the back wheel of the Grasshopper. I had to use a makeshift stand made of two chairs and a broomstick. That is why I bought a workstand. There is absolutely no way I am going to attempt to fix a flat in the street. I used to call a taxi. That is why I got Tannus.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
It's happened to me enough to fix it easy, just as long as it's not dark or raining.

It helps to have zip ties holding the forks together on the non drive side.

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
It's happened to me enough to fix it easy, just as long as it's not dark or raining.

It helps to have zip ties holding the forks together on the non drive side.

David
Thank you for clarifying WHERE one uses the zip tie and why.

Maybe a narrow length of dbl sided VELCRO ?

EASY does IT ... ✊
ID