Ride Together 2023

Maria Parker

Administrator
We are up for Florida Bicycle Safari April 15-20, 2023
We want you to come too.

In June 2022 we gathered with about 20 other Cruzbike riders and rode the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia (Big BRAG) together. It was really fun.

We had tentatively planned to the do Michigan Shoreline West ride this year, and indeed we know of some Cruzbikers whow will be doing that wonderful ride on August 5th-12th. Unfortunately, Jim’s schedule will not allow him to ride Michigan Shoreline West so we will be doing a wonderful event in Florida called Florida Bicycle Safari on April 15-20th.

Robert, Maria, Jim, and other Cruzbike riders will be joining us. This event is based in one location. Each day, different rides will be offered. There is a 3-day and a 6-day option. The low price includes all your food, entertainment, SAG support, and rest stops.

This is a fun and accessible event allowing everyone to ride as much or little as they want while still providing a space for us to enjoy one another. We hope you’ll be able to join us in Florida.

It’s coming up soon, so please register on the Florida Biccle Safari website and let us know if you are coming by emailing me at maria@cruzbike.com. If you need me to bring you a bike to ride because you are flying in, let me know as soon as possible.

Hope to see you in Florida!
Maria and The Cruzbike Team

Last edited:

CruzLike

Guru
I am so stoked over this event. "We are going to have so much fun, we'll need plastic surgery to remove our smiles." (Clark Griswold)

I have identified some interesting destinations for some great rides. One tailor made for Maria. It goes through Parker City.

We might even bring back the Cruzbike Olympics. Possibly the return of the newest event, the Time trial (TT)

Rest up. Start saving your money. Join me and all your old and new friends. Don't miss it.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
well, its on the calendar. (of course non of the kids sports events are on the calander yet, so this is optimistic...)

Isn't the cardinal near this place? that's a nice run.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
@super slim you hit the "come to the states and ride around" jackpot. when you were a teen and you did your walkabout, i bet you were the guy to travel with.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
At high school, my twin brother and I, + 3 to 5, would go on 3 to 7 day cycling trips, in spring through the Adelaide hills!
When we went to the Inst of Tech, it changed to Trail Motor Bike trips, with 3 to 5 extra, from Whyalla through the Flinders Rangers, to Arkaroola, in spring!

3bs

whereabouts unknown
And where I was born.... In fact drove my wife across the border so all my kids were born in the same hospital I was..

3bs

whereabouts unknown
@DARYLHANGER945

1. have you ever been to the gallahan truckstop/ mcdonalds by the state police post on 31 on a friday afternoon? i think every divorced family split between indy and south bend use that place as the hand off for kids under a custody order.

2. can you identify the location of this oil well?

Attachments

• IMG_20191209_122213843_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191209_122213843_HDR.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 23
1. have you ever been to the gallahan truckstop/ mcdonalds by the state police post on 31 on a friday afternoon? i think every divorced family split between indy and south bend use that place as the hand off for kids under a custody order.

I have actually stopped there several times when I was dating my future wife. she lived west of kokomo and I lived in south bend so it was a good place to stop for a break. I even took a nap on the ground next to my motorcycle in their parking lot. Also I belive I have a cousin that works at that Gallahan location, transfered there form the one across from Mr. Weenie.

2. can you identify the location of this oil well?

I can't say that I know where that one is but I know of several that were dormant for much of my childhood along the west side of SR 13 between North Manchester and Wabash that have in the last 5 years or so been turned back on.

What is this, a vetting process to make sure I have in fact lived in Indiana my whole life? lol. Deeedsville 8y, North Manchester 12y, Oceola 2m, Michiwalka 1y, South Bend 1y, Plainsfield 2m, Camby 4m, Indy 2m Greenwood 11y. TMI?