Ride Together 2023

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Sorry to report that I will not be able to make this years retreat. :(
Too many conflicting responsibilities. I'll be thinking of ya'll and look forward to some pics.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Sorry to report that I will not be able to make this years retreat. :(
Too many conflicting responsibilities. I'll be thinking of ya'll and look forward to some pics.
That is a bummer Lief - maybe next year!

Sonnybea

Okay we have 1 month to go. I live in Fort lauderdale Fl. So how cold is it going to be I live in shorts and flip flops. What do I need to bring

Sonnybea

Thank you I hardly ever ride in 74 temperatures here in South Florida
This will be my second retreat, it will feel good riding with otber Cruzbikes since I am it down here

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
Cruzers
Question ... I live about an hour away from Selma, Indiana.

May I just show up and do a ride with you on either Saturday or Sunday? I would be happy to pay a ride entry fee.

If no objections, do you have a itinerary for the retreat yet ...

Let's RIDE ...
Indiana Dave

@Lucia is the best one to okay this request. There may be some insurance or other details to clear. Give her a direct message.

I’m sure fellow participants would be happy to have another CB aficionado. @CruzLike has some rides mapped out, but we’ll probably make plans later. I suspect some riders will do the century ride on Friday. Otherwise there will be morning & afternoon options. Sunday will be morning only.

I’m looking forward to the James Dean’s Gallery ride, Wright Bros. birthplace ride, the Pie ride, the Time Trial, and maybe some rides for ice cream. Probably skip the largest ball of paint.

Cruzbike leaders will likely have some merchandise available (leftovers and such) for sale at a discount.

LarryOz

Cruzers
Question ... I live about an hour away from Selma, Indiana.

May I just show up and do a ride with you on either Saturday or Sunday? I would be happy to pay a ride entry fee.

If no objections, do you have a itinerary for the retreat yet ...

Let's RIDE ...
Indiana Dave
Dave - I agree with Mathew:
The primary issue is probably one of liability of Cruzbike since I am pretty sure we all sign something when we check in.
Secondarily there is an issue of food if you are going to be "around" for any of the meals. I know Cruzbike pays per meal per rider and the retreat center is only going to make enough for exactly the people there. That being said, I am pretty sure you could probably arrange to pay just for the meals you might be around for. Again - best thing is to contact Lucia - email her at lucia@cruzbike.com for best opportunity to get her ear.
Hope to see you there with your Cruzbike skateboard! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Larry

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
Cruzers
Thank you for your thoughts. Probably best I stay away .

FYI ... I'm only six weeks into my V20, first cruzbike, and at nearly 81, I'm still a bit wobbly and probably should not be riding with others yet.

10 miles yesterday with cleats. I AM getting better with each ride.
Indiana Dave 20210918_085046.jpg

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Sounds like the ride retreat would be a great place to learn from others who have been there - IF it is acceptable/ possible.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Cruzers
Thank you for your thoughts. Probably best I stay away .

FYI ... I'm only six weeks into my V20, first cruzbike, and at nearly 81, I'm still a bit wobbly and probably should not be riding with others yet.

10 miles yesterday with cleats. I AM getting better with each ride.
Indiana Dave View attachment 12207
I think you would gain a LOT, especially on an afternoon or morning when a long ride is not being held, so others could help with fine tuning your fit, others could try out a V with 406 wheels, and you could try out a V with 700C wheels.

What is your X seam (Heal to back of bottom when sitting against a 70 degree plank), so the closest fitting bike of a fellow rider could be tried!

But the biggest benefit would be meeting and talking to fellow enthusiastic Cruzbikers!!!!

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
Thanks Cruzers,
Thank you for your thoughts ...

With my being so new to the tribe and still learning to hold a straight line, hopefully next year I'll be ready to ride with others.

Respectfully
IndianaDave

3bs

whereabouts unknown
okay yes it sucks i cant go this year. you all have fun. hi to everyone and i will work hard to get the Michigan ride back on the book for next year, maybe a couple.

Sonnybea

Going to see the back surgeon tomorrow so I am out. Going to miss all fun and foods. Hope everybody has a fantastic time

I enjoyed this retreat, despite the rain, wind, cold weather, and the closed ice cream shop (ha ha). On Friday we all rode to Wilbur Wright’s birthplace and toured the small museum. After some bike barn time and a heavy rain shower (glad we missed) we went for an ice cream run. Maria ran to get ice cream bars for us. What service! An after dinner slide show by fellow CBer David Byrne amazed us.

For Saturday we split into two groups, one to the pie factory/restaurant and the other for a longer, faster option out to the world’s largest ball of paint. An evening drum circle entertained.

I put together a video from my bike cams and some pics shared the the group. Look for the running of the cows, Ken demonstrating the wrong way to navigate an RR crossing, and me laughing at John’s yelling at Larry for stopping on a steep trail.

I hope I can attend another retreat.

Last edited:

LarryOz

I enjoyed this retreat, despite the rain, wind, cold weather, and the closed ice cream shop (ha ha). On Friday we all rode to Wilbur Wright’s birthplace and toured the small museum. After some bike barn time and a heavy rain shower (glad we missed) we went for an ice cream run. Maria ran to get ice cream bars for us. What service! An after dinner slide show by fellow CBer David Byrne amazed us.

For Saturday we split into two groups, one to the pie factory/restaurant and the other for a longer, faster option out to the world’s largest ball of paint. An evening drum circle entertained.

I put together a video from my bike cams and some pics shared the the group. Look for the running of the cows, Ken demonstrating the wrong way to navigate an RR crossing, and me laughing at John’s yelling at Larry for stopping on a steep trail.

I hope I can attend another retreat.
Thanks Matthew - a great video of good times together. I know what it takes to put something like this together - Appreciate the effort you went to!
Until next time