Ride Together 2023

CruzLike

Guru
Hey! Where is everyone?

I thought we were having a Retreat. Ok, not really. I did take this weekend, being set aside for the retreat or any other event could schedule, to visit the Oakwood Retreat Center.
Center sign.jpg
Boy do we have things to look forward to. For one thing, October is dynamite riding weather. High temps in the 60’s allow long bike rides though the scenic autumn painted landscape. What’s not to like.

This area on Indiana is flat to rolling terrain. Predominantly agricultural with plenty of grain fields ripe for picking, along with an occasional woods. Retreat center.jpg

When I stopped in at the community center. I just wondered around looking for someone. I met Matt, the owner, in the kitchen sharpening knives. Luckily, I didn’t startle him. After my introduction, he graciously took me on a tour of the Center. There are some activities at the Center, but I expect we will be bringing our activities with us.

While in the area I took a lap on a potential course for the TT event. It takes a lap around the local reservoir. It’s a nice challenging 12ish mile loop. I expected the terrain to be a little flatter, though a hilly area makes a good site for water storage.
https://www.strava.com/activities/4212306226

Looking forward to seeing the tribe again. See you in 365 days.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Sorry it all got Covidized this year. Looking forward to next year. With a whole year of training maybe I’ll be able to keep up w you at next year’s retreat!

I do hope the retreat will go on this year, even though I will likely only be able to attend Saturday & Sunday.

Off topic: My America-By-Bicycle’s Ride the West just canceled for too few participants, so I’ll be looking at alternatives for the two weeks. BRAT vs. North Carolina High Country vs. make-my-own bikepacking tour.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I’m planning to attend the ride retreat this year too.
Looking forward to some time with my peeps.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Me too. Maybe aliens can abduct us with our bikes and relocate us there. I’m pretty sure they won’t be able to handle both of our sense of humour for long in confined space.

Last edited:
I signed up today. Now I have to decide which bike to bring the V20 or the social bike S40
Bring both. There will be different options. For example, on one day there may be one long ride vs two shorter ones (AM & PM)

I think Ken has a nice time-trial loop for us to play on.

Last edited:

CruzLike

Guru
Hi All retreaters
Just in the last couple days I've been defining some rides on Ride with GPS. They will be shared at a later date.

I've been creating rides that range from 10 miles out and back to a Century. Also a 10 mile loop around the lake will be a good lap for a TT competition.

The count down on my phone says 42 days away. I'm beginning to get revved up.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hi All retreaters
Just in the last couple days I've been defining some rides on Ride with GPS. They will be shared at a later date.

I've been creating rides that range from 10 miles out and back to a Century. Also a 10 mile loop around the lake will be a good lap for a TT competition.

The count down on my phone says 42 days away. I'm beginning to get revved up.
7 weeks to go! It will be here in no time! Can't wait!