RojoRacing Video edits

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Sorry I forgot the gradient meter and even though grade data is slow it respond do to data averaging it holds steady at 14% on the starting climb. I'll make sure to add it next time I include any climbs in a video, it's too slow for the DH's though.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Don’t think I will ever be a good descender. I get a little better all the time but when I approach 30mph, the slightest puff of wind sprinkles terror all over. Intellectually I know it is not as bad as it seems but that flash of “oh $#it” has a mind of its own. I can pedal faster than that on the flat and not have that out of control feeling. I’m guessing that’s because active pedal engagement allows all those little course corrections. Seems obvious then that if I could just pedal my heart out on downhills all should be just fine. I’ll let you know if I ever summon sufficient nerve. Frustrating because descending is the only part of my riding that is not better on the V compared to my old DF and the downhills should be where the V shines the most. Alas . . . The bike is just faster than me!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Don’t think I will ever be a good descender. I get a little better all the time but when I approach 30mph, the slightest puff of wind sprinkles terror all over. Intellectually I know it is not as bad as it seems but that flash of “oh $#it” has a mind of its own. I can pedal faster than that on the flat and not have that out of control feeling. I’m guessing that’s because active pedal engagement allows all those little course corrections. Seems obvious then that if I could just pedal my heart out on downhills all should be just fine. I’ll let you know if I ever summon sufficient nerve. Frustrating because descending is the only part of my riding that is not better on the V compared to my old DF and the downhills should be where the V shines the most. Alas . . . The bike is just faster than me!

Don't worry, even I am faster on these extra difficult DH when on the Trek vs the V20. The Trek is just so planted over the unexpected compared the DF bike.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Something less dangerous for a change, while playing with new camera. Going to take out the V20 for the first time in months to go climb some mountains.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Quick teaser of potential video of tomorrow. Not sure if I should do a hyper lapse of the climb or a pure action video of the descents like I did last week. I'm thinking action video with these gauges for tomorrow and I'll save the hyper lapse stuff for when the camera is out front and high up on the road bike. I'll have to figure out a external battery solution so I can hyper lapse a full 6 hour ride.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
ok here is a hyperlapse video of the 5000' climb up mount baldy road, this is 100 mins compressed into 3 so enjoy the climb.

I'm not sold on the below the seat camera angle for the cruzbike, compared to when I did it on the DF bike, the cruzbike just has too much going on up front blocking the view. I'll definitely need to do another hyperlapes video of this climb from a higher angle like my helmet to show off the mountains and skyscape.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I thought you have tubeless?

tubeless only prevents you from pinch flatting your nonexistent innertube, it doesn't keep you from splitting your tire sidewall. Also, the amount of air that leaked out was suspiciously minimal and when I got home I found the bead on another part of the tire was starting to completely separate so maybe the pinch flat saved me from crashing from a low tire later? no idea but it's new tire day because although I can patch a sidewall hole and can't re-seam the bead of a tire.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
So what did you do? Limp home slowly on a low front that self-sealed after the pinch?

The gauge is neat however I can only look at it when you are going uphill - the downhills take too much concentration to constantly set aside the worry and watching for anything I can learn.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
RojoRacing said:
the pinch flat saved me from crashing from a low tire later
I looked at my speedo and it said 27mph and at that moment both my tyres blew up. They were totally worn but I had not noticed. I would love to try it at 48mph. Someone up there likes you.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
For those of you wondering where that crazy Perez kid has gone during this covid time of no racing, let us just say he rediscovered his old passion.

Here's just one of the DH's I hit today and in true Recumbent Dork fashion I'm riding a bike that everyone thinks has no business on those trails. My latest machine is a belt-drive single speed hardtail and all these guys are rocking full long travel enduro bikes. I know the video makes the trail not look that steep but trust me, you can't even walk up this without using your hands or an ice pick. Watch closely at 1:33 in the video, I'm doing everything I can to slow down but the bike just keeps gaining speed, the only thing that stopped me was that dirt berm I had to pitch the bike into. I was a little out of control in that spot which is why there's a little french mixed in.

If the video doesn't have the option for 4k, give it 30 mins and check again as it finished processing the 4k quality.