storing and eating/drinkin for long rides (100+ miles) on Silvio or Vendetta

jond

Zen MBB Master
Here you go Jack. I used the four plastic clamps supplied by cruzbike that fit over headrest tubing to affix bracket.

For extra stability the bag top loop can be attached to top neckrest and bottom straps wrapped around under headrest bottom rails as it exits frame.

I drove at 120 klm per hour many times with bag into the wind on way to a ride. I would simply reshape bag with my contents when I arrived. I carried 3 kg.
8E813E73-FE92-475C-A277-BA7320659D33.jpeg DD9409B7-6C83-476A-AC65-CCBBC550D421.jpeg

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Jond, could you take a photo of the frame only on the bike, as photo is worth a 1,000 words, and in your case 10,000 words!
What is the weight of the frame, the bag(?? L) and the empty bladder (2L??)

The reason I ask is that my 2 off 1.4 L Nalgene bottles weight 412 gms, and the 2 bottle holders 360 gm, and my Arkel Randonneur rack 495 gm, and the Arkel 11L Tail Rider pack 500 gm, so 1.77 kg for 11 L storage and 2.8 L water storage!!!

Don1

Guru
Bunnings supply by the look.. 20*1.6mm stock. If ya need more capacity. .. ie.. make it out of 2 or 3mm stock.....I'm sure Jon pix we're just teasers and will supply dimensions any time soon.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Why not half Gatorade and half water?

In Australia Gatorade is regarded by audax fraternity as having way too much sugar .like most of the ready made so called electrolyte replacement drinks in the take away fridge. I personally Use sis or hammer products. They are now becoming available in supermarket and are much less sweet and sickening.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
sis or hammer products
This hasnt caught on yet over here in spain. Or maybe it has with a different name. Can you post a photo of the label of one of these products to show the consistency makeup?

DocS

Guru
Glad to have seen that picture as I bought these bags but haven't mounted them yet. Very helpful. (They were ~$12 each and are very light!)

Glad the pics helped
I haven't removed them. They are out of the way, light and just seem to fit the bike well.

Blessings,
DocS

BikeGary

I'm planning a 500-600 mile ride up the coast of California over 2 days so 300 or so miles into some dive motel then finish up the next day. I'm going to do it on the V20 and I'm going to be packing extremely minimal but I'm trying to figure out how to carry even those minimal items. I figure 1 change of clothes, light jacket for coastal fog, extra sunscreen, some food to compliment what I find on the road, USB charger because if it's not on strava it didn't happen. I have my build it storage box under the seat but that doesn't hold half of what I'd like to take, and I can't mount anything to the back of my seat because that's all dialed in with bottles and lights. I'm considering a scarab bag from cruzbike even though I'm sure it'll cost me a little bit of speed going into the coastal headwind. I think if I could figure out a solution for easy bottle access the Thor dolphin tail box would be ideal but haven't pulled the trigger on something like that yet.

I am not noticing any drag from my Scarab bag. It has two issues, you can't overload it with heavy stuff, max 14 lbs, and when you open it via the zippers it flops down so that the contents will spill out. So you have to carefully unzip just a hand width opening on either side and then pull out just what you need.

I am happy with it though. For more gear I mounted a front rack on the rear of the bike and I can hang a Ortlib panier from it. My goal was commuting so fast on and off is key. You might want to look into those side banana panniers instead.

https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/rear-rack-for-s30-for-a-trunk-bag.11924/page-2#post-153693

The banana bags are great from my experience, they will hit your aero set up of course, but hang quite low and in the splipstream of your feet essentially, so probably not as much as you think. they're absolutely fine for credit card touring