What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

Opik

76203767_2597157563682771_5538990232390598656_n.jpg

Still rough as the baterai placement isn't finalised as the tools weren't adequate

75446528_2597157920349402_7174637722873626624_n.jpg

The 20 inch conundrum, this one is 406 so had to buy a 406 tyre and tube, got a hub ebike kit, and actually the dropout had a bit of metal so had to "sand" it so the hub wheel can go in. There was also probem with the brake rotor as 140 cm hit the hub kit so had to exchange with the 160 cm rotor at the front.

74170953_2597158160349378_2934277852255748096_n.jpg

All controllers are in this bag,

73333351_2597158340349360_4236348525782237184_n.jpg

Got a display, with assist level, speed, distance, time and temperature. Also have throttle, needed when starting in difficult situations. The company and guy who installed it said the kit has some waterprrof, so a little rain wouldn't be a problem, but don't throw it into water and don't leave it wet

78156491_2597158500349344_4090979984645029888_n.jpg

The pedal assist kit is on the bottom bracket, Compared to other models, I find the power surge in the kit isn't as sudden. It starts low and then gets high. so if I et the level assist to 100 watts, it won't immediately start at 100 watts (which feels like you're pulled suddeny), but it increases from 0 to 100 in a couple of seconds

75369227_2597158790349315_172858925991854080_n.jpg

Baterai place still not fixed. so had to strap it at the back with two tube. got a big one for 40-80 kms (40 kms probably, as sydney is hilly, so eat the batteries more). At first was thinking of using a backpack, but then found strapping it at the back f the seat doesn't affect baance so much and is easier.

cost was 2080 AUD, around 1418 USD with installtion, as I had the guy from the company to install it. helped a little bit and learned there are so many little things that might make a straightforward ebike kit installation not so straightforward, little things but it takes your time so much

Opik

just attending the BBQ with friends.

chatted with Dave, my friendwho bought the Sofrider after I influenced him, and now he doesn't ride his vivente anymore.

He initially thought the Sofrider would only be good for long distances, but after a while, he became good at controlling it for city riding, so it became his default bike.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Could you tell where the rear wheel(s) are? Ingenious use of existing materials. I especially like the front “bike” and the crutch.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Ingenious indeed. I like the idea of putting front forks and back drop-outs together. Slightly different from how J Tolhurst does it. BB is low down and the handlebars are out in front. So the front wheel must be very close to the seat. So it must handle a bit different from a Cruzbike, even without all that stuff at the back.

But there is no doubt that this is the work of a genius.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
What did I do to my Cruzbike? Well I rode it on Friday between snow. But more interestingly my winter mountain bike with studded tires developed a crunching feel once per wheel rotation at the rear on Thursday on the way home. So on Saturday I went to the local community bike shop and had excellent help to replace bearings and one of the cones, lube the free-hub, put everything back together, replace cable and housing, remove front shifter and paraphernalia, re-mount front derailleur as chain guide, adjust cables, replace corroding spherical washers on disk brake mounts, clean rear brake corrosion so it would move back far enough to not rub, then was packing up to go home when I

caught a glint off the front of the bike and upon further inspection noticed a sizeable crack from the bottom of the head tube up through the bearing area about 1/3rd of the way up the head tube. Glad I didn't find out the next ride on a pot-hole!

Proof:
IMG_20191214_163739519.jpg

Opik

Could you tell where the rear wheel(s) are? Ingenious use of existing materials. I especially like the front “bike” and the crutch.
It is a twho wheel bent, if you look closely, you could see the rear wheel in the shadows.

Props for him for making a bike stand work on his bent too.

Opik

Passed 1111 km with my E-cruzbike 2 weeks ago, and today passed 100 hours on the e-cruzbike. happy with it, important milestone

I installed a new fork on my Silvio since the old one would not hold air in the shock any longer. While I was at it...I taught myself how to cable. Replaced both brake cables/housing and the rear derailleur cables and housing. Running the cable housing through the Silvio frame was a bit of a bear but I got it done. Having a bit of an issue getting the rear derailleur dialed in. I used an index shifter barrel adjuster. Maybe not the best idea. I might add a different type of adjuster up by the handlebar.

I guess I am becoming a little wrench competent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I just tightened the screws in the pedals of my conversion kit. They are Wellgo pedals (pseudo Shimano spd). Several of these screws needed a full turn! No wonder there was movement and clicking sounds every now and again!

And I upgraded the engine. Zwift says my ftp increased from 189 to 205.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I installed a new fork on my Silvio since the old one would not hold air in the shock any longer. While I was at it...I taught myself how to cable. Replaced both brake cables/housing and the rear derailleur cables and housing. Running the cable housing through the Silvio frame was a bit of a bear but I got it done. Having a bit of an issue getting the rear derailleur dialed in. I used an index shifter barrel adjuster. Maybe not the best idea. I might add a different type of adjuster up by the handlebar.

I guess I am becoming a little wrench competent.
GREAT NEAT cabling!!!!

GREAT NEAT cabling!!!!
Thank you, I only had to re-do the cabling 5, 6 or maybe 7 times. I am a bit picky.

I should have given myself a few trial runs with cheap cabling and then once I mastered what I was doing...used the more expensive cabling. The cabling that was on the bike was a bit short so I couldn’t just use the old cabling to measure for the new.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
L16_00271.jpg L16_00273.jpg L16_00272.jpg
L16_00271.jpg L16_00273.jpg L16_00272.jpg My original equipment steel spoked wheels exploded.
Rust pitted the bladed spokes, weakened them, and the wheels popped last Winter.
New wheels are cheaper than spokes!
So a new set of aero wheels is on its way, laced up with bladed STAINLESS steel spokes.L16_00271.jpg