What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

CruzLike

Guru
I have been advocating it for years.

I went to a mid sole cleat over a year ago. Recently I broke my adapter plate that moved the cleat down. I now have a better understanding of before and after of the mid sole setup.
I think they are great for endurance riding. They also raise your feet up 1 1/2". This is similar to the change we get when we use a longer chainstay.
The down side I have noticed seem evident when I ride on Zwift. The power output I can develop in a sprint is limited with the mid-sole cleats. I think I can get 20% more power in the ball position. In a sprint you can flex your ankle and get a noticeable amount of power.
The other down side I noticed may be related to me or my setup. After riding with the mid-sole position on my shoes for over a year, I still have issues clipping in. It may take me 15 seconds to clip in. It can be kind of a pain when riding on city streets with many unfavorable stop lights.

I used to use SPD cleats. They were easy to mount in the mid-sole position. I then purchased some Power Tap pedals and had to leave my spd cleats. The Power Tap cleats use the delta 3 bolt pattern. This makes it difficult to just slide down and drill holes.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I have no problem getting in and out of my heel-clips. If I got clipless I would need to drill the shoes, and I just know I would drill them wrong.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Ordered a cobb 155 mm crankset to see if 15 mm is too long.

Ordered a brain box bag. To see if my brains will fit for upcoming audax ride.

Put a tube in my headrest and I like it.

Got tired of two weeks rain and put the vendetta on the trainer.

Looked at my tyres . Lol.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ordered a cobb 155 mm crankset to see if 15 mm is too long.

Ordered a brain box bag. To see if my brains will fit for upcoming audax ride.

Put a tube in my headrest and I like it.

Got tired of two weeks rain and put the vendetta on the trainer.

Looked at my tyres . Lol.
The brain box bag at 10 L is WAY TOO BIG for a New South Welshman"s brain, but OK for a South Australian brain!!!

Did you order the bag before trying the inner tube on the headrest, that stopped your brain and teeth rattling on the rough Hunter Valley chipseal roads!

jond

Zen MBB Master
The brain box bag at 10 L is WAY TOO BIG for a New South Welshman"s brain, but OK for a South Australian brain!!!

Did you order the bag before trying the inner tube on the headrest, that stopped your brain and teeth rattling on the rough Hunter Valley chipseal roads!

That’s plain cruel David. I’ve never considered south Australian heads to be that big. In breeding will do that especially combined with imbibing sewerage.

True rough chipseal roads are better than red bull dust.

Still with Silvio suspension we can both agree.

It will be interesting to try the bag. I was originally going to build a quiver like Eric and John t but saw no real additional advantages for my prime cycling audax. I need storage.

Looking forward to trying the Cobb 155 mm crankset too to see if I benefit from going down from 170 mm.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
That’s plain cruel David. I’ve never considered south Australian heads to be that big. In breeding will do that especially combined with imbibing sewerage.

True rough chipseal roads are better than red bull dust.

Still with Silvio suspension we can both agree.

It will be interesting to try the bag. I was originally going to build a quiver like Eric and John t but saw no real additional advantages for my prime cycling audax. I need storage.

Looking forward to trying the Cobb 155 mm crankset too to see if I benefit from going down from 170 mm.
I was hoping I would get a bite!!!

At this stage, SA is not like NSW, where the outflow from the sewage treatment works goes INTO their drinking water!!!

My Silvio does NOT ride on Bull Dust, but might be fuelled by Bull ***t!

The bag is very functional and can hold a bladder on the top+ two water bottles on the side!

My knees threw a party, when I went from 175 mm to 153 mm cranks!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
I was hoping I would get a bite!!!

At this stage, SA is not like NSW, where the outflow from the sewage treatment works goes INTO their drinking water!!!

My Silvio does NOT ride on Bull Dust, but might be fuelled by Bull ***t!

The bag is very functional and can hold a bladder on the top+ two water bottles on the side!

My knees threw a party, when I went from 175 mm to 153 mm cranks!!!

South Australia could not contend with nsw.

We have Sydney harbour. Bondi and manly beaches And Jennifer Hawkins. Nsw invented Australia. How bout those 2000 olympics.

Heck South Australia has got a great big bite out of it. Must have tasted very bad like stale sweaty crow eating armpits.

Adelaide is on the end of a sewer. No wonder the few people who are left are unwell.

Dry hot and cold windy desert deserted but it is still just part of Australia. For now.

But then you all know this as you move on mass and sell your houses for pittance only to discover the east coast of nsw is calling very very expensively . It’s called high demand.

Still we welcome you once you learn the language civility manners and divorce your sisters.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
That was a BIG Bite!!!

Why marry a sister, just live in sin!
I think you are getting Sth. Aust. mixed up with the West Coast of Tasmania, OR the dark hills of Hunter Valley!!!

Currently Hobart and Perth are the only capital cities that the house prices have INCREASED, so Adelaide is just as bad as Sydney!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-03/home-prices-fall-in-cities-rise-in-the-regions/9612534

Our emblem has a Piping Shrike, not a Crow!!!

Dust is good for the complexion!

We have given up on the Sewer of the River Murray, and turned to the fresh sea water and MODERN
desalination!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
That was a BIG Bite!!!

Why marry a sister, just live in sin!
I think you are getting Sth. Aust. mixed up with the West Coast of Tasmania, OR the dark hills of Hunter Valley!!!

Currently Hobart and Perth are the only capital cities that the house prices have INCREASED, so Adelaide is just as bad as Sydney!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-03/home-prices-fall-in-cities-rise-in-the-regions/9612534

Our emblem has a Piping Shrike, not a Crow!!!

Dust is good for the complexion!

We have given up on the Sewer of the River Murray, and turned to the fresh sea water and MODERN
desalination!!!

Didn’t we have our own thread for this jocularity slim. Time to retire. Nsw 3 s.a 2 that’s fair.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Well it was a nice ride - this vicarious journey down under. Thanks for distracting us from the paid of mechanical worries for the nonce. Back to the pain.. Not what I did to my cruzbike today but can anyone help me with what I need to do with it tomorrow:

Solve spokes creaking, cracking, pinging noises:confused:.

Can I lube spokes without them loosening themselves thereafter? If so, with what and where? (Original stock spokes on QX100.)

Didn't I see somewhere that some bikes were shipped with wheels with a questionable spoke lacing that could lead to weaker wheels or quicker loosening spokes?

There are a million creaks and cracks and pings going on without any bags or racks attached and it is driving me :mad:o_O:emoji_bicyclist::emoji_thermometer::emoji_beer: (There doesn't seem to be an emojii for guzzling the bottle of alcohol without pausing for a stein, glass, or specialized beverage container.)

jond

Zen MBB Master
Well it was a nice ride - this vicarious journey down under. Thanks for distracting us from the paid of mechanical worries for the nonce. Back to the pain.. Not what I did to my cruzbike today but can anyone help me with what I need to do with it tomorrow:

Solve spokes creaking, cracking, pinging noises:confused:.

Can I lube spokes without them loosening themselves thereafter? If so, with what and where? (Original stock spokes on QX100.)

Didn't I see somewhere that some bikes were shipped with wheels with a questionable spoke lacing that could lead to weaker wheels or quicker loosening spokes?

There are a million creaks and cracks and pings going on without any bags or racks attached and it is driving me :mad:o_O:emoji_bicyclist::emoji_thermometer::emoji_beer: (There doesn't seem to be an emojii for guzzling the bottle of alcohol without pausing for a stein, glass, or specialized beverage container.)

Have you got a spare wheel set to rule out noisy wheels.

I doubt it’s the wheels unless it’s new or total lack spoke individual or as a whole tensioning but you can check tension and new wheels just need you to grab a handful
Of spokes and bed them in by deflecting them in your grasp. There is also a sound app. Don’t know how many of us use a spoke tensioning tool.

I just rid myself of a noisy front end. Loose ish clamps on B.B. and pivot point.

Now I just have to find the noise emanating from the back.

Yeah slim is a teaser for sure and as entertainment he goes alright for a southerner.
Hope no one is offended by the boorish Australian banter.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Have you got a spare wheel set to rule out noisy wheels.

I doubt it’s the wheels unless it’s new or total lack spoke individual or as a whole tensioning but you can check tension and new wheels just need you to grab a handful
Of spokes and bed them in by deflecting them in your grasp. There is also a sound app. Don’t know how many of us use a spoke tensioning tool.

I just rid myself of a noisy front end. Loose ish clamps on B.B. and pivot point.

Now I just have to find the noise emanating from the back.

Yeah slim is a teaser for sure and as entertainment he goes alright for a southerner.
Hope no one is offended by the boorish Australian banter.
I am not offended, but US /Canada riders on a 2013 Canada Rockies tour looked uncomfortable, when 3 Kiwis and I clashed verbally, but ALL with big smiles as we slated each other, and I came out worse, but it was FUN!!!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
They were uncomfortable because they were on DF.

As for boorish banter - a hang-over from the English settlers.

And I mean hang-over.
Especially for the NEW South Welshmen who were 95% CONVICTS, brought to Australia to build bridges and roads as slave labour!!!
NO convicts in Sth Aust!!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
Especially for the NEW South Welshmen who were 95% CONVICTS, brought to Australia to build bridges and roads as slave labour!!!
NO convicts in Sth Aust!!!!

Yes that’s right all around the country even WA went the convicts. Except for South Australia. Excellent point.

You see as it has always been so it was back then ......... uninhabitable.

Our nsw rum Corp new how to drink hard their liquid pay. None of this homo Chardonnay merlot queer boy South Australian gerry drinking urine. Of course we nsw real aussies are enlightened now with our fine hunter valley Horse coal tasting wines.

Of course if the heat builds in this kitchen I will fall back on my ex pat heritage quicker than you can say vendetta. Please note the exclamation marks are invisible.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I am not offended, but US /Canada riders on a 2013 Canada Rockies tour looked uncomfortable, when 3 Kiwis and I clashed verbally, but ALL with big smiles as we slated each other, and I came out worse, but it was FUN!!!

Lol sledging pulling legs ball tampering are Aussie pastimes.

Luckily no sheep in the Rockies

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Yes that’s right all around the country even WA went the convicts. Except for South Australia. Excellent point.

You see as it has always been so it was back then ......... uninhabitable.

Our nsw rum Corp new how to drink hard their liquid pay. None of this homo Chardonnay merlot queer boy South Australian gerry drinking urine. Of course we nsw real aussies are enlightened now with our fine hunter valley Horse coal tasting wines.

Of course if the heat builds in this kitchen I will fall back on my ex pat heritage quicker than you can say vendetta. Please note the exclamation marks are invisible.
Sheep and girlfriends WAS raised for the NZ males and female! NO discrimination here, especially when there are 10 sheep for every human in NZ!

Barossa Valley soil is some of the oldest in the world, as our mountains are only hills, and due to the dry weather millions of year ago, NO big trees that have turned into coal, and taint the groundwater, and the coal dust spreads over all the German planted vineyards!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
Sheep and girlfriends WAS raised for the NZ males and female! NO discrimination here, especially when there are 10 sheep for every human in NZ!

Barossa Valley soil is some of the oldest in the world, as our mountains are only hills, and due to the dry weather millions of year ago, NO big trees that have turned into coal, and taint the groundwater, and the coal dust spreads over all the German planted vineyards!!!

Mate maaaaaate slim we aussies invented the term mate. And we know it’s heritage.

Bunch blokes sent out to Australia and it got cold. Mate.

Still we can all be mates today and hold our head high.

But not south Australian dusters it’s still 1982 there despite don dunstans best efforts

One day it will rain there. No south Aussie knows what snowballing is.

They should rename the place maralinga and use it for its intended purpose. An isolated nuclear waste dump in the middle of nowhere flats.

Ten people objected.......

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I have not posted on this thread in a while, so I thought I would.
I am training for a 1HR TT later this summer, so this morning I rode 2 x 25Km TT's on the open road to see where I was fitness-wise.
This was after an entire week of recovery.

Here is the Strava link: https://www.strava.com/activities/1641733449
Here is the video link:
My video is certainly not as cool as the video's that Kyle is doing, were he has a 360 degree camera and changes angles as he is editing it, and narrates it too, but better than nothing - Maybe something to watch while you do an hour ride on your trainer.
Here are the links to Kyle's videos about riding in a group.
part 1:
part 2: